I’m pleased to announce that I’m now offering editing services, and the fee is only $20 an hour until I get my feet under me as a freelancer. I’m an experienced editor, former journalist, author of an award-winning memoir, and primary editor of The General’s Son by Miko Peled.
I offer developmental editing, substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading, and ghostwriting for fiction, nonfiction, business and scientific writing, as well as eBook formatting and advice about publishing and self-publishing.
Write to me at pamolson @ gmail if you’d like to discuss your needs and goals and see if my services might be a good fit for you. I’m happy to answer any and all questions and look forward to hearing from you!
- Author of the award-winning memoir Fast Times in Palestine
- Primary editor of The General’s Son by Miko Peled
- Journalist based in the Middle East, 2004-2005
- Prolific blogger and contributor to Mondoweiss
- Check out the Fast Times in Palestine home page to see blurbs, reviews, and excerpts from my first book and several of my interviews and presentations
- My Author Bio has more info about me
- Currently working on a novel
- Developmental editing, substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading, and ghostwriting for fiction, nonfiction, business and scientific writing
- I’ve formatted eight eBooks for worldwide publication, and I can format and upload yours as well
- My method of eBook formatting allows stylistic personalization, unlimited images, and internal and external links (including a clickable Table of Contents). I can also design a simple but beautiful cover. Other than the two Fast Times covers, I designed all the covers on this page.
- I self-published a successful book and also published through a traditional publisher, and I’m happy to offer consulting advice about both paths
- Stanford University President’s Scholar, class of 2002. BS in Physics,
Minor in Political Science. GRE 1600/1600
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, 4.0 GPA
- $20 per hour
- Compared to standard editing rates, this is an excellent deal; I’m offering it for now because I’m just getting started as a freelancer and because I live in Oklahoma, where the cost of living is fairly low
- And that’s a “generous hour” — I can be a bit compulsive when I edit, and if I go over by 15 minutes to get something perfect, I won’t charge for it
- You can limit me to a maximum number of hours, after making it clear what the main objective is; there’s a good chance I’ll spend a bit more time than the maximum, but you won’t be charged extra if so
- Fee will likely increase some time in 2015 as I gain more clients, testimonials, etc.
- Write to me at pamolson @ gmail if you’d like to discuss your needs and goals and see if my services might be a good fit for you. I’m happy to answer any and all questions and look forward to hearing from you!